1. Chiefly British: The half of the table in which the object balls are racked (in games in which racked balls are used). This usage is conceptually opposite that in North America, where this end of the table is called the foot . In snooker , this is where the reds are racked, nearest the black spot ; this is the area in which most of the game is usually played. Contrast bottom .
2. Chiefly American: Exactly the opposite of the British usage above the head end of the table. No longer in common usage.
3. Short for top spin , i.e. same as follow .