Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cue Repair Question

City
    WI

Cue Repair Question

I bought a $500 Predator cues about two years ago. Last night I noticed it is out of true when I rolled it on the table. I have always taken good care of my equipment: always kept in a case and never left in the car. Now this bothers me a lot when I am playing. Has this happened to you before? How did you fix it?
    Quote Quote

Billiard Instructor
    City
    Pittsburgh, pa
    If the shaft itself is warped then the fix is typically replacing the shaft.

I would suggest first trying to determine where the cue is out of true at.

Try rolling just the shaft by itself, if it rolls true then the problem is in the joint and a trip to a cue repair shop is in order (you can send it to predator for repair as well).

Also try rolling it with the tip and ferrule off the edge of the table (pockets work great for this) so that only the shaft is rolling on the table. If the problem is with the ferrule/tip a cue repair shop can fix it.
    Quote Quote

City
    Richmond / Va
    I am assuming if it's a Predator that it's an engineered shaft and composed of a series of wedges glued around a core material. If this is the case, you better hope they have a replacement warranty. It is unlikely that if they have the ability to straighen it that it will remain straight. Clearly, one or more of the wedges has warped and this behavior is in the wood grain. Straightening this type of shaft means that there may be a missalignment in the shaft behavior since some of the wedges may be torqued to pull dispropotionately in one direction to offset the warpage in the bad wedge. It is unlikely that even if it were straightend, that it would provide the same level of consistent play that it offered when it was new and true.
    Quote Quote

City
    Corpus Christi , Tx.
    Predator is not about quality , it's hype ... I've repaired quite a few . Some times the faces need to be trued . Or your shaft may have a warp . If the butt is warped , too bad ... If it's the shaft, look down to see the bend and turn till it's straight and up and bend down against the warp . Maybe several attempts before it comes out ... Also check to see if the pin rolls without movement . Good luck ...
    Quote Quote

City
    michigan
    Where's Dave?
    Quote Quote

City
    Littleton, MA

Sexual pictures

New photo blog http://asslick.photo.erolove.in/?post-sydni black snakes fakku hentai **** search russian jayashankar and latha in jambu movie sex play blue power mother ****ers
    Quote Quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast