Here is a list of points that I put together about the positive aspects on buying a cue from a brick and mortar store as opposed to an online source. Some of these are common but others are very specific and should be considered by all, the amount of focus a person puts on any one point is totally dependent on them as an individual.
- Balance~ Cues have different balance points depending on their construction, materials and dimensions even if they have the same overall weight. The balance point is very important and specific to many players so it should be considered when buying a new cue.
- Weight~ Some customers don't know how heavy they want their cue to be or they want to compare different weights with each other. With our interchangeable weight bolt system you have the opportunity to accommodate customerís requests on the spot so there is no guessing on what their new cue will weigh.
- Quality~ We have all seen cues with shoddy inlay work, raised rings, fuzzy wrap, sugar stains in the shaft, flawed taper, etc. etc. which you can't see or more importantly canít feel on a computer screen. When the cue is in your hand you have a chance to inspect the cue and even hit with it before buying which gives you total confidence in the product you are purchasing.
- Wood grain~ Every piece of wood is unique with some pieces having better coloring or grain structure than others, people have very specific preferences when it comes to this and is a deal breaker/maker in some situations. This is especially critical in shaft wood and when you view a cue online you can only see the cue pictured, not the actual cue youíre buying.
- Damage/ Flaws~ Anytime that a cue is handled there is the potential for a dent or a ding to occur, accidents happen during shipping even if something is packed perfectly. In a face-to-face transaction you are able to inspect the cue before you buy it which should prove to be invaluable to your customer.
- Feel~ One of the most important factors in buying a cue is how solidly the cue hits or feels. When you are in a store that allows you to hit a few balls with a cue, chalked or not, it gives you a huge advantage over any website. Players know what they want in a cue and there is only one way to know for sure that the cue they picked out is the one that they want and that is to play with it. The only one way a player can know for sure that the cue they picked out is the one that they want is to play with it.
- Straightness/ Warpage~ We do everything we can to ensure that every cue we make is straight when delivered but nothing beats being able to roll a cue or shaft before you buy it.
- Warranty~ We strive for perfection in every cue but there are some instances where the product doesnít quite fit that description. If there is ever an issue with an item having a local dealer to answer your questions and provide prompt service is a huge benefit. You will never have to spend 15 minutes on an automated phone service or wait for someone to return your email to get the personal attention that you want when having an issue with an item.
- Immediate Gratification~ You donít have to worry about lead times, losing your package in the mail, human error or receiving a cue that is not up to your expectations. You get the cue you want, when you want it, which is right now.
- Service~ While FAQís are full of information and cover a range of topics there is nothing that replaces a living, breathing human when it comes to answering questions. Personal experience and history are things that can never be replaced by a printed list or automated system and definitely canít provide that personal touch you want when picking out a cue.
- Reputation~ Buying a cue in your store and being able to shake their hand and look them in the eye while making a purchase speaks volumes, 90% of our sales come from referrals and that is something that our dealers can be very proud of.
Cue & Case Sales Inc. ® 190 Cumberland Park Dr. ® Saint Augustine FL., 32095 ® USA Phone:* 904.824.9997 ** ** *** Toll Free: 800.835.7665 ® Fax: 904.824.8233 www.cueandcase.com